REGISTER
MY ACCOUNT LOGIN
Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Facebook Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Twitter Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales RSS Feed Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales Newsletter
Millions of Dollars Saved Through Deal of Day!
|
222,218 Discussions
|
439,170 Members
|
42,261 Live Deals
|
666 People Shopping
|
5,997 Live Stores
  • Computers & Hardware Coupons, Computers & Hardware Coupon Codes, Computers & Hardware Deals & Sales Email Alerts
    Simply the best deals and coupons, delivered directly to your inbox.
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Thanks

What could cause your legs and feet to swell...

.......besides being pregnant.

I have been having this problem for a few months now. My legs and feet swell for about 2 weeks and then quite. It is more pronounced on one side than the other.

The only other time that I have ever had this problem was during pregnancy and that definetly is not the problem now.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Your body can still retain water and that can cause swelling of the extremities...I've had this problem during the warmer weather months because I was constantly drinking something (mainly sodas and juices)..I always took a diuretic (sp.)(OTC water pill), BUT kept drinking lots of water.

Thought I had better edit..you need to read the warnings tho to make sure you are able to take them and make sure to follow the directions. Also..you will have to use the restroom A LOT! LOL! I thought my bladder shrank a coupleof sizes, but it got rid of the swelling and I did get back to a more normal bathroom routine..LOL!

Oh yeah..just thought to add this also..if you eat a lot of SALT, it will also make you retain water..you can cut down on that also to see if it helps. I had to add salt to my diet for a health problem (natural remedy compared to meds) so it's not a good idea to avoid it like the plague!

Thanks
      Could be as harmless as something in your diet, but could also be the sign of something wrong in your circulatory system. I think I'd check with my doctor if I were you.

Infinite Deal Wizard freesurfer's Avatar
      Thanks
      Too much salt...???

Thanks
      yeah, if it continues, check with your doctor. It could be anything as simple as water retention to circulatory and heart problems.

It probably is water and weather related. Has it been unseasonably warm where you live?

Thanks
      Just had another thought..my Grandmother and DH's Granny has diabetes and their ankles were always swelling, BUT I think it may have been a problem w/ their circulation caused from the diabetes. Now that didn't help did it! LOL! Checking with your FP can never hurt, maybe you need a physical anyways

Thanks
      Well I live in Florida so the weather is always unseasonable warm. LOL
      I really don't eat much in the way of salt other than what is already in the foods we eat. I have never been one to season anything with salt. Not even boiling water for pasta.

I have a tendency to drink a lot of fluids although currently I have been cutting way back on the soda nd drinking more water. I would think this was the problem but I think this started before that.

It is so odd because it happens for about a 2 week period and then quits. And it has been happening regularly for about the last 3 months. I was thinking something to do with my monthly but I have never had any of these problems before. I am only 38 so don't think I need to worry about menapause yet.

I guess that I will probably end up checking with the doc. Even though I hate going to them.

Thanks for all of the help. If you have any other ideas please keep posting!!

Ultimate Deal Wizard AndersonGal's Avatar
      Thanks
      Well, my doctor told me I get vein blockages (my mother and brother both died from blood clots). Then my leg would swell.
      Has not happened in a long time after I started taking Venastat (Horse Chestnut)

See your doctor and find out.
      If your leg is red or hot in the swollen area- get help right away.

Thanks
      Well, what I would have said has already been suggested. Too much salt or maybe diabetes. 2 out of 3 of my "darling" doctors think I have gestational diabetes and are asking me constantly if I've had any swelling. Answer is always no. Weird because I've never had a pregnancy without any swelling at all.

What about being on your feet too long?? That could do it, couldn't it?

Also, there is some "disease", I can't recall what the name of it is, but my dh's friend has it. It's something like arthritis but it causes your body to swell and it's suppose to be really painful. For your sake, I hope that's not what it is! It probably isn't, but just thought I'd mention it.

Better check with your doctor just to be safe! I hate going to doctors too, but sometimes you just have to go. Let me tell you. I have this cyst in my lower back that's swells and then shrinks down to practically nothing and then swells and shrinks, etc. It's been there for 5 years now. A lot of times cysts will go away on their own (I had one in my finger that did). Well, stupid me thought this one would and of course it didn't and now, at 9 months pregnant and at the peek of pregnancy discomfort, I'm hating life for not having seen a doctor about it specifically and having it removed before! You can bet I'm going to go have it removed after the baby is born!
      Anyhow.. point is.. don't put it off just because you hate doctors. I hate them too, but sometimes we just HAVE to go. And if you put it off, it may only get worse.

Thanks
      Well, I did it.
      I have a Doctor's appointment in the morning. I will let you know if I find out what it is.

Thanks for all of the wonderful help!!

Thanks
      Good for you sweetie..better safe than sorry and it never hurts to get those check-ups anyways Don't you dare leaving us hanging either!!!! LOL! Good luck, I'm sure it's something minor babe!

Im an Illinoisian but live close to St Louis Mo
      Thanks
      Originally posted by Mouse7088
      Your body can still retain water and that can cause swelling of the extremities...I've had this problem during the warmer weather months because I was constantly drinking something (mainly sodas and juices)..I always took a diuretic (sp.)(OTC water pill), BUT kept drinking lots of water.

Thought I had better edit..you need to read the warnings tho to make sure you are able to take them and make sure to follow the directions. Also..you will have to use the restroom A LOT! LOL! I thought my bladder shrank a coupleof sizes, but it got rid of the swelling and I did get back to a more normal bathroom routine..LOL!

Oh yeah..just thought to add this also..if you eat a lot of SALT, it will also make you retain water..you can cut down on that also to see if it helps. I had to add salt to my diet for a health problem (natural remedy compared to meds) so it's not a good idea to avoid it like the plague!

what she said.......

Thanks
      When I was pregnant the same stuff happened to me. I ended having really high blood pressure. they had to put me on all kinds of pills to get it down and I could not work anymore You might want to have it checked out.

Thanks
      Since I've been pregnant I've seem to have had circulatory problems with my hands at night. They just go numb while I'm sleeping. OB said to drink more water (the less you drink, the more your body retains) and watch the salt.....especially fast food because the salt content is so high. Basically others have already mentioned the water and salt, so I agree that it could be this. Anyway, good luck at your doctor appointment and I just have to say that is great that your getting in tomorrow morning. If I called to get an appointment with our GP they wouldn't be able to get me in for two weeks.

Ultimate Deal Wizard Corganiacs's Avatar
      Thanks
      nobody mentioned the excretory system.. lol

It could be one or more choices below
      *an imbalance of hormones in your body (the ones that regulate or associated with them kidneys)
      * consumption of too much NaCl (what Mousey said)
      * could be that your body is not regulating properly (inclusive of other ideas)
      *circulatory system is also probable, but that is related to excretory system as well
      * your cells are mentally retarded (LMAO, nah, i kiddin')

Possible solutions
      *Drink muchos water
      *refrain yourself from consuming salted items
      *exercise and circulate that blood
      *perhaps consider taking a diuretics. it makes you pass water

Hope this helps

Deal Seekers found this page by searching for:

Would drinking too much water make your knees and legs swell

CAN TO MUCH HARMONE CAUSE YOUR LEGS TO SWELL

what can cause your legs to swell

what can make your legs swell

what could cause you to swell especially in the legs and feet

what makes your lower legs swell

could cramped legs cause feet to swell

what causes your leg to swell

why drinking cause legs to swell

can eating salt and beer make your feet swell

what makes your leg swell

can drinking more water cause legs to swellcan drinking alot of water make your leg swellthings that cause your leg to swellwhat could make ones leg to swell at two months of pregnancycan excess copper cause feet to swellwhat makes you retain water in your legsdoes drinking a lot of water cause your ankles to swellwill lidoderm make your legs swellcan beer cause leg to swellcan ocean salt water cause legs to swelllcauses legs and feet to swell?can coke make your feet swellwhat causes your thighs to swellwhat would cause my lower leg to swell