REGISTER
MY ACCOUNT LOGIN
Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Facebook Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Twitter Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales RSS Feed Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales Newsletter
Millions of Dollars Saved Through Deal of Day!
|
221,975 Discussions
|
438,705 Members
|
42,261 Live Deals
|
723 People Shopping
|
5,997 Live Stores
  • Computers & Hardware Coupons, Computers & Hardware Coupon Codes, Computers & Hardware Deals & Sales Email Alerts
    Simply the best deals and coupons, delivered directly to your inbox.
      Senior Deal Wizard bethie_alane's Avatar
      Thanks

Question dough hook recipes for kitchen aid mixer?

lucky me, i got a kitchen aid mixer (ksm90) for xmas! a beautiful cobalt blue one that has a 4.5 qt bowl and 300 watts of power... the thing is amazing, i finally made perfect angel food cake... it's been 6 days at the cake is still as fresh and moist as it was on day one!

anyway, i have a dough hook attachment (as well as a wire whisk and paddle)... does anyone have any tried and true bread recipes using the kitchen aid dough hook mixer that yields one loaf of bread?

or just general knowledge on when to use the dough hook????

thanks in advance
      bethie

if you do post a reply here i would be much oblidged if you copy and pasted your reply via a direct e-mail to misspunk_2000@yahoo.com with DOD in subject header-- it isn't often i can check DOD but i am able to check my e-mail regulary

again thanks in advance

Ultimate Deal Wizard AndersonGal's Avatar
      Thanks

Talking Hey! Thats what Santa brought me too.

I will be watching this post with much interest.
      Have not had time/reason to use mine yet.
      When I come across any good recipes, I'll pass them on.
      (I'll try to send them email.)

Enjoy your new toy!!
      I can't wait to play with mine too.

Thanks
      Here is one I use alot! I mostly use this one in my bread machine but it make one loaf or a small pan of rolls.
      I didnt like most of the bread recipes so I made my own recipe up and this is it.

1 CUP WARM WATER
      1 Tablespoon Oil
      3 1/2 cups flour
      1/2 cup sugar
      1 Tablespoon Yeast Or one packet
      1 tsp salt

as you mix if it looks too wet and not the right texture just add more flour until right texture.

Bake in a 350 degree oven

by the way I LOVE my kitchenaid mixer and I have used the dough hook attatchment several times, I got the black mixer.
      I just usually have to make a much bigger batch of bread because everyone loves it around here so when I do bread in my breadmaker alot of times I end up making it into rolls so its divided up and will go farther.
      FREE PRINTABLE COUPONS! Save Money Instantly on Household items, Personal Care, Groceries and More!

Thanks
      I love my Kitchen Aid.....it is a dream machine!

I make pizza dough and bagel dough in mine too....here are some recipes.

No Rise Pizza Dough

3 cups flour,
      1 1/3 cup water,
      2 tbsp oil,
      2 packages (or 2 Tbsp) yeast,
      1 tsp salt,
      basil & oregano, sauce and toppings

DO NOT PREHEAT YOUR OVEN!!!

Dissolve yeast with 1/3 cup of the warm water. Add 1 cup of the flour and mix (I use my Kitchen Aid). Add oil, salt, 1 cup water, and a pinch of oregano and basil (your choice). Mix. Add 2 cups flour and mix. Knead dough for 2 minutes (I add flour if it's really sticky). Grease a cookie sheet with oil (or use a baking stone) and spread dough, add toppings.
      Place in a COLD oven and turn on to 450 degrees. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crust is golden.

*Einstein Brothers Bagel Clone

Plain
      1 cup very warm water (110 to 115 degrees, not steaming)
      1/2 tablespoon yeast
      1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
      1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon molasses
      1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
      1 teaspoon salt
      2 cups bread flour (plus about 1-2 cups to incorporate while kneading, you don't want it really sticky, just keep adding flour, you really can't add too much!)
      1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (for water bath)
      cornmeal (for dusting)

1. Combine the warm water and yeast in the Kitchen Aid bowl and stir until the yeast is dissolved. Be sure the water is not too hot, or it may kill the yeast.

2. Add the corn syrup, molasses, and oil to the bowl and stir thoroughly. Add the salt. Add the 2 cups of bread flour.

3. Put the bowl on the Kitchen Aid, using the dough hook, and mix at slow/medium speed, gradually incorporating more flour until the dough becomes very smooth and elastic, dry to the touch, and not tacky. You may have to use a lot of flour (I usually do!)

4. Cover the bowl, and let it rise in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes. The dough should double in size.

5. Punch down the dough and cut it into even portions. Working with one portion of the dough at a time, form the dough into a ball. Turn the edge of the dough inward with your fingers while punching a hole in the center with your thumbs. Work the dough in a circle while stretching it out and enlarging the center hole so that it looks like a doughnut. The hole should be between 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place the 4 portions of shaped dough onto a greased board or baking sheet, cover (a clean towel works well), and allow the dough to rise for 20 to 30 minutes. The dough should nearly double in size.

6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

7. Fill a medium saucepan 2/3 full of water and bring it to a boil. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar to the water.

8. Working with one bagel at a time, first enlarge the hole if it has closed up to less than 3/4 of an inch. Be careful not to overwork the dough at this point or it won't have the proper consistency. Drop the bagel into the water, cover the saucepan, and boil for 20 seconds. Flip the bagel over, and boil for another 20 seconds. Immediately take the bagel out of the water with a slotted spoon, let the water drip off for about 10 seconds, then place the bagel onto a baking sheet that has been dusted with cornmeal. Repeat for the remaining bagels. Be sure the bagels do not touch each other.

9. Bake the bagels for 26 to 30 minutes, or until they are light brown. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)

Everything Bagels

1 cup very warm water (110 to 115 degrees, not steaming)
      1/2 tablespoon yeast
      1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
      1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon molasses
      1 teaspoon vegetable oil
      1 teaspoon salt
      2 cups bread flour (plus about 2/3 cup to incorporate while kneading)
      1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (for water bath)
      cornmeal (for dusting)
      1 tablespoon dry minced onion
      1 tablespoon dry minced garlic
      1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
      1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
      1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
      1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1. Follow the directions for the plain bagels through step 9.

2. After the bagels have been arranged on the cornmeal-dusted baking sheet, and while they are still moist, sprinkle a scant teaspoon each of dry minced onion and dry minced garlic over the top of each bagel. Combine the poppy seeds, caraway seeds, sesame seeds, and kosher salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 of the mixture over the top of each bagel.

3. Bake the bagels for 26 to 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)

These bagels freeze very well too, I usually make a double batch (and my Kitchen Aid can easily work that much dough!)
      Last edited by tkkmasky; 01-05-2002 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks
      I don't have any recipes for you, but I have friends who are excellent bakers. They highly recommend any of the recipes in the recipe book that comes with the kitchen aid mixers. (I get to eat the results and highly recommend them too). You might want to check and see if there is a bread recipe in the book.

Thanks
      Have you tried looking up recipes at their site?
      http://www.kitchenaid.com/recipes/index.htmls

Thanks

Love Re: dough hook recipes for kitchen aid mixer?

There is a new website with recipes for KitchenAid Mixer lovers...

Check it out

www.gotmixer.com

Good luck!

Thanks

Re: dough hook recipes for kitchen aid mixer?

You can get great KitchenAid mixer recipes from recipe books made specifically for these recipes. Right now you can find them on sale at Amazon; really good prices and hundreds of recipes!

Thanks

Another option to kitchenaid bread recipes is to invest in a breadmaker. I hear they are super easy and make wonderful bread; my sister has one she swears by. Plus, these options are better for us than store bought bread (anything homemade is better for health in my mind).

Thanks

I plan to get a Kithenaid stand mixer soon and can't wait to try out some of the Kitchenaid bread recipes. Thank you all for the recipes and ideas on where to find more of them. I believe the bagels will be one of the first I will try. I love bagels; actually I think what I love is the cream cheese I put on the bagels, not so much the actual bagels. Hee Hee!

Deal Seekers found this page by searching for:

kitchenaid dough hook recipe

kitchenaid bread recipe

kitchenaid bread dough recipe

bread recipes kitchenaid mixer

bread recipe using dough hook

make dough kitchenaid mixe

making bagels with a kitchenaidkitchen aid bread receipesbaking bread kitchen hookbagel dough very stickybread recipies for the kitchen aid mixerrecipe for doughnuts using kitchenaid mixerhow to make bagels kitchenaid mixerkitechenaid bread recipeskitchen aid pastry recipemaking bread in my kitchen aid mixerbread recipes for kitchenaid mixerhow to use kitchenaid dough hookhow to use a kitchenaid bread hookbread recipe using kitchen aiddirections for using the dough hook for Kitchenaid mixersimple recipes for hook in kitchenaidbread recipes mixer dough hookbread recipe kitchenaidwhat to use dough hook on kitchenaid mixer for