REGISTER
MY ACCOUNT LOGIN
Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Facebook Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Twitter Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales RSS Feed Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales Newsletter
Millions of Dollars Saved Through Deal of Day!
|
221,997 Discussions
|
438,739 Members
|
42,261 Live Deals
|
910 People Shopping
|
5,997 Live Stores
  • Computers & Hardware Coupons, Computers & Hardware Coupon Codes, Computers & Hardware Deals & Sales Email Alerts
    Simply the best deals and coupons, delivered directly to your inbox.
      Thanks

Baffled Golfland Sunsplash Roseville CA

Hi all...I was going to post this under the compliments/complaint forum but this does not deal with an online merchant but rather a bad experience with a water park. Here is a copy of the email I sent to them and they still have not responded. I'm not a "sue happy" person and I really just wanted to make them aware of what happened and they still have not called me or responded to my email. My biggest concern is that the lifeguards did nothing. They did not come over to see if I was ok, nor did they attempt to call over a manager. I guess its possible that none of them saw it happen but that just surprises me that there were 3 lifeguards within about 20 feet of me and not one of them saw?? If it were a child and they got the wind knocked out of them they could have drowned. Its just plain scary and the fact that they just seem "not to care" worries me a great deal. I sent another email to them today stating it was my third attempt to try to contact them. I was thinking of emailing the main Golfland company but can't even find an email for them. They just refer you to the other locations. Any idea's? I was also thinking of sending a copy to our local news program to see if they have had other complaints about injurys without any response from the park. I'm much better now but still cant sleep in bed, I have to sleep on the couch propped up by the back of the couch. Anyway....here is my email to them.

Hi...I'm making another attempt to contact your company so you can be aware of an accident that happened at your Roseville Sunsplash on June 3, 2006. I was with the Girl Scout troop that was there that day. I slipped when I was attempting to get into your Lazy River. My foot slipped on the red tile edging that kind of looked like brick. I was starting to go down the steps when I slipped and I fell, on the right side of my back. It knocked the wind out of me. There were 3 lifeguards right by me and not one of them came up to see if I needed any assistance. Luckily my husband who was walking away happened to see this happen and came to my aid. I was having trouble breathing and was in alot of pain. I could feel the muscles in my back tightening up as we spoke and had to leave the park right after this happened. I was still not any better my Monday June 5th, so I went to the doctors. My kaiser doctor believes I broke a rib. They did not take any xrays as he said the treatment would be the same for a broken rib as it would be for a bruised rib. When I told my daughters Girl Scout leader what my doctor had said she encouraged me to contact your company to at least inform you of my injury. I was still in alot of pain so I did not attempt to call until June 7th. I was under doctors orders to take that whole week off work. I was not able to go back to work until June 15th due to pain and muscle spasms. I spoke to Jackie who said she would give the message to Steve and he would call me back. I still have not received a call from your company acknowledging even my phone call. I'm really not getting a good feeling about your company since your lifeguards did not respond at all. My biggest concern there is that if it would have been a child that would have fallen and gotten the wind knocked out of them would they have gone unnoticed and possibly drowned? Then I cant even get a phone call from anyone in your company. I just don't understand. I certainly don't feel like you are running a very safe environment and I personally will not be back and have let several of my friends and family know what has happened and the lack of response.

Ultimate Deal Wizard tlspiegel -Closed's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Golfland Sunsplash Roseville CA

I'm sorry for your bad experience. Here is the contact page... I'd send a letter to the company - it's listed on the left side of the page. Email won't be as effective as sending a letter by the USPS that has to be signed upon delivery. Keep copies of EVERYTHING you email and send by postal. Keep copies of all documents from doctors, etc.

You can also contact your local state and county offices regarding this.

http://roseville.golfland.com/contactus.aspx

Thanks

Hi,
      First, I'm sorry for your accident and I hope you're feeling better. Is there any way you can find a mailing address for this corporation? Even the one you went to would be better than none. I would send them a registered letter that I kept a copy of, so they have to sign for it. Even if you can only get to the Park of the one you went level, they will probably either have to respond or forward/fax it to their corporate headquarters, as this is a serious problem.
      Good luck, let us know how you're doing. Feel better!

Kat

Thanks

Smile Re: Golfland Sunsplash Roseville CA

Quote Originally Posted by tlspiegel
      I'm sorry for your bad experience. Here is the contact page... I'd send a letter to the company - it's listed on the left side of the page. Email won't be as effective as sending a letter by the USPS that has to be signed upon delivery. Keep copies of EVERYTHING you email and send by postal. Keep copies of all documents from doctors, etc.

You can also contact your local state and county offices regarding this.

http://roseville.golfland.com/contactus.aspx
      LOL, I think we were typing our replies at the same time, though you found the company!
      Hugs,
      Kat

Thanks

Ok....good idea about actually sending a letter by USPS. That is the same contact page that I got the email addy from. I was really hoping to just inform them of what happened but the longer it goes without a response the more frustrated I get. The sad thing is the person who just stubs their toe will be the one to sue and come away with a small fortune.

Thanks again

Thanks

Here is the whois information. It appears the corporation hq are in Mesa, AZ.

Registrant:
      Golfland Entertainment Centers
      155 W. Hampton
      Mesa, Az 85210
      US

Registrar: DOTSTER
      Domain Name: GOLFLAND.COM
      Created on: 14-OCT-98
      Expires on: 13-OCT-09
      Last Updated on: 07-APR-05

Administrative, Technical Contact:
      Stine, Royce
      Golfland Entertainment Centers
      155 W. Hampton
      Mesa, Az 85210
      US
      480-834-8319

Thanks

Thanks

What a joke. Maybe you should read the fine print when you purchase your ticket. You are responsible for your own safety. When you slipped not paying attention did you start flailing your arms and splashing around? People slip and fall in the river many, many times a day. Most likely, the lifeguards had no idea you were hurt. You state you are not sue happy, but that is exactly what you're thinking about doing. Face it..you slipped because you did not pay attention or whatever. It's not the parks fault, and further more, they are not liable. I'm glad you won't be coming back, more room at the park for those of us who are careful and enjoy!

Thanks

I am planning a trip out west and love water parks, so maybe this would be a place to consider visiting. I will have to look for some Golfland Sunsplash coupons and see what is available. Has to be cheaper than Disney.

Deal Seekers found this page by searching for:

sunsplash

sunsplash roseville lifeguard jobs

sunsplash deals on monday

gofland roseville coupon

golfland sunsplash life guard jobs in Roseville

sunsplash golfland roseville promo codes

Roseville Golfland Sunsplash accident of boy

sunsplash roseville lifeguard salary

donation request from sunsplash roseville

free printable sunsplash roseville coupons

company discount code sunsplash roseville