REGISTER
MY ACCOUNT LOGIN
Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Facebook Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Twitter Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales RSS Feed Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales Newsletter
Millions of Dollars Saved Through Deal of Day!
|
219,984 Discussions
|
432,713 Members
|
38,892 Live Deals
|
1,863 People Shopping
|
5,862 Live Stores
  • Computers & Hardware Coupons, Computers & Hardware Coupon Codes, Computers & Hardware Deals & Sales Email Alerts
    Simply the best deals and coupons, delivered directly to your inbox.
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
      Thanks

Re: How to clean silver

I can't wait to try this. I rather not pay for getting my sterling silver jewelry cleaned but have had to since I was not sure of a safe way for cleaning silver jewelry at home. This sounds like a perfect solution.
      Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook (0)

Thanks

So really, how do you clean silver jewelry? Does this method work? I have seen a demo of it on silver pieces such as flatware and such but I am curious if silver jewelry would work the same. I imagine there are different types of silver and wonder if that would alter the results of the cleaning process. I have accumulated a fair amount of silver jewelry, unfortunately a portion of it is tarnished. I really need to learn how to clean my silver so I do not have to be without for long and also to save some money. Please share if you have tried this on silver like that of Tiffany's. Thanks!

Thanks

this method can really work to show you how to clean silver jewelry. It's basic chemistry. You can also clean any kind of silver with it. Of course there are many ways to clean silver, but this one does not require any fancy gadgets or creams or lotions, so why not give it a try on grandma's old silver that is sitting around all tarnished?

Thanks

HI KLS78! Did this method of cleaning silver jewelry work for you? It would be helpful to have a video to teach how to clean silver jewelry.

Thanks

I would like to offer a couple more ideas of how to clean silver jewelry. I am a huge fan of at home remedies and being green when possible, along with saving money so I like the baking soda idea and have these to add.
      Use a lemon with regular salt on it. Rub it on the silver jewelry and see the sparkle and shine (lemon cleanses and the salt is a light abrasive).
      The other is to use Apple Cider vinegar, warm water, and a soft towel. First step is to dip the jewelry in the Apple Cider vinegar, second is to rinse with warm water, last is to let dry with a soft towel. You can blot or just leave on the towel, I prefer to blot dry to be sure and avoid spotting.
      Please share if you have others!

Thanks

I finally got around to trying these tips on how to clean silver and am absolutely amazed at the results. It was easy and is now allowing me to wear pieces I had all but given up on. I think I may try it on my other silver in the house, not just my jewelry. Can't wait to share with friends too.

Thanks

Re: Good way to clean silver jewelry and other silver

So I see many people are interested in how to clean silver jewelry and I offered some ideas earlier, as have others. I was watching "Live With Kelly" and they were showing at home remedies for many different things; one of which was the baking soda and aluminum foil method for cleaning silver! It was pretty cool to see it live on TV after having read the idea here first. Anyway, I do recommend using this method for sure. Key is to make sure the water is warm and the silver is touching the aluminum foil. Try it and let us all know how it works for you!

Deal Seekers found this page by searching for:

how to clean silver jewelry

how to clean silver jewellery

how to clean silver

clean silver jewelrycleaning silver jewelryclean silver1how do you clean silver jewelryclean silver jewelleryeasy way to clean silver cleaning silver jewelleryways to clean silverhow to clean sterling silver jewelry0best way to clean silver jewelry best way to clean silverhow to clean silver jewleryhow do you clean silver jewelleryfhow do i clean silver jewelrynatural way to clean silverhow to clean silver jeweleryhow do you clean silvereasiest wAY to clean silverwhat to use to clean silver jewelry