REGISTER
MY ACCOUNT LOGIN
Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Facebook Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Twitter Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales RSS Feed Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales Newsletter
Millions of Dollars Saved Through Deal of Day!
|
222,218 Discussions
|
439,157 Members
|
42,261 Live Deals
|
528 People Shopping
|
5,997 Live Stores
  • Computers & Hardware Coupons, Computers & Hardware Coupon Codes, Computers & Hardware Deals & Sales Email Alerts
    Simply the best deals and coupons, delivered directly to your inbox.
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Thanks

Re: How to clean silver

I can't wait to try this. I rather not pay for getting my sterling silver jewelry cleaned but have had to since I was not sure of a safe way for cleaning silver jewelry at home. This sounds like a perfect solution.

Thanks

So really, how do you clean silver jewelry? Does this method work? I have seen a demo of it on silver pieces such as flatware and such but I am curious if silver jewelry would work the same. I imagine there are different types of silver and wonder if that would alter the results of the cleaning process. I have accumulated a fair amount of silver jewelry, unfortunately a portion of it is tarnished. I really need to learn how to clean my silver so I do not have to be without for long and also to save some money. Please share if you have tried this on silver like that of Tiffany's. Thanks!

Thanks

this method can really work to show you how to clean silver jewelry. It's basic chemistry. You can also clean any kind of silver with it. Of course there are many ways to clean silver, but this one does not require any fancy gadgets or creams or lotions, so why not give it a try on grandma's old silver that is sitting around all tarnished?

Thanks

HI KLS78! Did this method of cleaning silver jewelry work for you? It would be helpful to have a video to teach how to clean silver jewelry.

Thanks

I would like to offer a couple more ideas of how to clean silver jewelry. I am a huge fan of at home remedies and being green when possible, along with saving money so I like the baking soda idea and have these to add.
      Use a lemon with regular salt on it. Rub it on the silver jewelry and see the sparkle and shine (lemon cleanses and the salt is a light abrasive).
      The other is to use Apple Cider vinegar, warm water, and a soft towel. First step is to dip the jewelry in the Apple Cider vinegar, second is to rinse with warm water, last is to let dry with a soft towel. You can blot or just leave on the towel, I prefer to blot dry to be sure and avoid spotting.
      Please share if you have others!

Thanks

I finally got around to trying these tips on how to clean silver and am absolutely amazed at the results. It was easy and is now allowing me to wear pieces I had all but given up on. I think I may try it on my other silver in the house, not just my jewelry. Can't wait to share with friends too.

Thanks

Re: Good way to clean silver jewelry and other silver

So I see many people are interested in how to clean silver jewelry and I offered some ideas earlier, as have others. I was watching "Live With Kelly" and they were showing at home remedies for many different things; one of which was the baking soda and aluminum foil method for cleaning silver! It was pretty cool to see it live on TV after having read the idea here first. Anyway, I do recommend using this method for sure. Key is to make sure the water is warm and the silver is touching the aluminum foil. Try it and let us all know how it works for you!

Thanks

Thanks for great tip

Thanks

I too am a big fan of Cider vinegar for it`s many uses. Thanks for another one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katlnhats View Post
      ROFL, that's a common mistake! It works on silver -- the real stuff, but it may take a couple times to get all the tarnish off. We "had" some real silver silverware, but gave it to our son. But this did work on it when we had it.

Hugs,
      Kat
      I have found that mint tooth paste works great, use it with warm water and you will be surprised....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethS View Post
      So I see many people are interested in how to clean silver jewelry and I offered some ideas earlier, as have others. I was watching "Live With Kelly" and they were showing at move out cleaning brisbane home remedies for many different things; one of which was the baking soda and aluminum foil method for cleaning silver! It was pretty cool to see it live on TV after having read the idea here first. Anyway, I do recommend using this method for sure. Key is to make sure the water is warm and the silver is touching the end of lease cleaning brisbane aluminum foil. Try it and let us all know how it works for you!
      Your tips are working but I want to know do you have right cleaning solutions for gold jewelry? Waiting for reply
      Last edited by fadridrocky; 03-16-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks

This is a great tip, Cant wait to clean up some of my jewelry. I too have always used toothpaste for gold and silver.

Thanks

This way is really good on silver. Done tons of times. Even better result than those fancy plate for which you have to give fortune. Thumbs up for easy, inexpensive way you posted!

Thanks

A very useful post indeed! Must try this. Have some silver artifacts which sure would look good if clean. It really looks to be doable at home.

Thanks

I often use lemon juice with warm water or toothpaste to make jewelry clean. It's useful!

Deal Seekers found this page by searching for:

best way to clean silver

easy way to clean silver

natural way to clean silver jewellerypolish silver jewelleryhow to clean sterling silver jewelry naturallynatural ways to polish silverhow to wash silver jewelrybest way to clean silver jewellerybest way to clean sliverwhat do you clean silver withhow do you clean your silver jewelrywhats the best thing to clean jewellery withsilver jewellery cleaning solutionhow to shine silver goodshow do we clean a silver jewellery best silver polish for jewelrychow to clean silver jewlereyhow to clean silver jewelryhow to shine a sterling silver charm braceletto clean silverwhats best to use for cleaning a silver bracelethow to cleam silver jewellerywhats the best way to clean sterling silvereasy eay to clean jewellery how to clean sterling silver jewelry at home