REGISTER
MY ACCOUNT LOGIN
Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Facebook Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Twitter Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales RSS Feed Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales Newsletter
Millions of Dollars Saved Through Deal of Day!
|
219,984 Discussions
|
432,713 Members
|
38,892 Live Deals
|
1,863 People Shopping
|
5,862 Live Stores
  • Computers & Hardware Coupons, Computers & Hardware Coupon Codes, Computers & Hardware Deals & Sales Email Alerts
    Simply the best deals and coupons, delivered directly to your inbox.
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Thanks

Question Home Remedies to get rid of Spiders?

I need help! I was in my storage room at the store this morning and YIKES......I found spiders everywhere!!! We are talking brown recluse among the inhabitants!

I am HIGHLY allergic to spiders so I ran out of there like someone on fire and called hubby who told me to shut the door and he would get some spray at lunch and spray the room. However, I am thinking that isn't going to work. My neighbor next to the store came over this morning and I was telling her and she said she had a outbreak of them too and had to pay someone to come and spray and it took them several trips to get rid of them all.

I was hoping there may be a home remedy that may kill them that would be cheaper and more effective than the traditional sprays. Any suggestions?!
      Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook (0)

Thanks
      Although I don't have any suggestions, I just had to add that we've had a spider problem here too lately.

And the worst part is my son somehow keeps getting bit! About once a week I've found a swollen lump on his hand or arm that gets super red and warm. I'm not sure if we have "poisonous" spiders in this area, and after I use some caladryl on the spot it disappears within a day, but I hate the thought of spiders biting my little boy! And I'm also worried he'll develop a sever reaction one of these time. UGH!!!

I'm going to move his furniture in his room today and search for the culprit.

I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!

Click here to shop for deals at furniture.com now!

Ultimate Deal Wizard blueaguave's Avatar
      Thanks

Question

I think bay leaves scare away bugs, but don't know about spiders.

Thanks
      I need the answer, too!

I think my house is being invaded by spiders!

Thanks
      recluse... nasty little things... i'd rather get bit by a black widow... anyway, i'd get a bug bomb vs just a point and spray. it will fill the area and kill off anything inside without problems. Once this is done a complete cleanout of the room to remove any possible egg sacks and seal cracks where they may come in is a good idea.

best prevention for any spider, and double for the recluse is cleaning... sweeping the area now and then, etc.. recluse do not like to be disturbed at all (which is why they bite first, ask later) so this helps prevent them from settling in and breeding in the boxes..

Also, any boxes in storage, keep them sealed.. If that's not possible and you need into the boxes several times use plastic storage bins with a close top instead.

jsalba, as for you, call the bug people and have them spray around your house..

Thanks
      Also, any boxes in storage, keep them sealed.. If that's not possible and you need into the boxes several times use plastic storage bins with a close top instead.
      Yep....that is what I use. Just because of that very reason!

recluse... nasty little things... i'd rather get bit by a black widow... anyway, i'd get a bug bomb vs just a point and spray. it will fill the area and kill off anything inside without problems. Once this is done a complete cleanout of the room to remove any possible egg sacks and seal cracks where they may come in is a good idea.
      I thought about the bug bombs except one problem......or I think it is anyway.......my heating/cooling unit is in the storage room area and it is gas heat so there is a pilot light back there. So, I am assuming that I cannot use the bombs. PLUS there is a dress shop next door to my storage room......the building is connected. Wouldn't the odor go through the walls and/or under them and get in her shop?

Thanks
      Some great information on natural spider pesticide treatment inside your home: (I am in no way affiliated with this site nor am I familiar with their services. Posting this is just a "for your information" purpose)
      http://www.invisiblegardener.com/ime...p/imspider.htm

A Natural Spider Spray Formula for inside the house:
      To get Immediate Relief from spiders inside the house buy 8 oz bottle of Dr Bronners Peppermint or Lavender Soap, or any other natural soap. Go to your local drug store and buy 1 oz of Citronella oil, Pennyroyal oil, Cinnamon oil or any other type of Essential oil like rose oil or tea tree oil.

You can also add 1 drop of any of the following (depending on preference to you) to 1 quart of water:
      Citronella Oil
      Lavender Oil
      Cinnamon Oil
      Peppermint Oil
      Citrus Oil
      Tea Tree Oil
      any of the above oils will kill spiders and other insects on contact! Test for strength.

Add 5 tablespoons of the soap per quart water. Add 5 tablespoons of any natural citrus oil to the quart water which you added the soap and label it spider control spray. Add to sprayer and spray inside house where spiders are seen. Should be done as often as needed. This is not a long term solution but will provide you immediate help.

Also - Shainie, essential oil of lavender can be used as a repellant and topical treatment of venomous bites:

http://www.viable-herbal.com/herbdesc2/1lavende.htm

http://home.intekom.com/herbsorganic...nformation.htm

Click here to shop for deals at garden.com now!

Click here to shop for deals at essential.com now!

Check out these great deals, or go directly to buy.com
      FREE Shipping on Star Wars Attack of the Clones Pre-Order at Buy.com EXP: 11.11.2002
      Pre-order the Star Wars Attack of the Clones movies at Buy.com, and get FREE shipping!

Click here to shop for deals at ice.com now!

Thanks
      Well, I found this website while looking for a solution for you. It does have some remedies listed in the message board section. I just thought it was sooo funny. I liked spider stomp and some of the messages were too funny. Enjoy!!!

angelfire.com

Thanks
      dlabrie, that's a great site! I am going to check that one out some more!

I HATE spiders, every time I get bit, and they love me, I swell up! Right now, they are all over the yard, in the house, car port, etc. I am going to try some of the home remedies that Maxie suggested. Last year Bill made some concoction with tobacco, and other weird things. He sprayed the yard and it worked. I am going to have to ask him what it was he used. It's not for inside tho.

Never lose hope, there's a rainbow just around the corner
      Thanks
      I don't know of any home remedies, however, the following are used for getting rid of black recluse spiders:

Diazinon or propoxur (Baygon) for long lasting treatment. I imagine a hardware store would carry these products. I have seen Diazinon at a local department store in their garden department.

Hope you get rid of your problem really soon, sounds like a nasty one.

Click here to shop for deals at garden.com now!

Thanks

Exclamation Beware of Diazinon....

Especially if you have little ones (read here: )
      http://www.usatoday.com/news/washdc/ncsmon08.htm
      The EPA has been working to phase it out amid studies linking organophosphates to neurological disorders and other health problems in children.

Click here to shop for deals at usatoday.com now!
      Last edited by Maxie X; 09-14-2002 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks

Pest Offense

After our house was finished, we had a bunch of spiders that snuck in during construction. I saw one of those infomercials so I started watching. It was for a product called "Pest Offense". I was a little skeptical but I had no choice. The house was in Ft. Smith AR and that area is known for brown recluse spiders and scorpions. Within a week, the number of spiders diminished dramatically. I was surprised, but it worked. Every now and then we would get one that snuck in, but my cat took care of em Not saying they work for everyone, but I love mine and always make sure I have it plugged it.

However, it is one of those repellers that do not allow you to have hamsters, gerbils, etc type pets. But it is safe for cats, dogs, kids.

There are tons of sites out there with them for sale. Here is one of many, incase you are interested.

http://www.800webmall.com/cgi-bin/80...mname=PESTOAMN

Click here to shop for deals at ice.com now!

Never lose hope, there's a rainbow just around the corner
      Thanks
      Maxie is right, Diazinon is something you have to be careful around, it is pretty deadly. Probably why it works. If you are going to use it, I'd wear some kind of disposable gloves so you don't get it on yourself.

Thanks

Big grin good info!

Thanks Maxie for posting the link to the site with lots of other organic/natural solutions for getting rid of pests. I live in a rural area in the NW and care for a large wooded property. The owners do not want us to use any type of harsh chemicals for many different reasons. Sooooo, we always looking for natural solutions for pesky problems. thanks again!

Thanks
      Well, if the natural stuff doesn't work and you can't kill 'em with any pesticides....you can always go here and get 'em...lol!

angelfire.com
      This is the site I posted above, but it's just the game part...lol!

Lori

Deal Seekers found this page by searching for:

how to get rid of spiders in the house

home remedies for spiders

home remedy for spiders

Home Remedies to Getting Rid of Spiders

home remedies to get rid of spiders

home remedies to kill spidersspider remediesHow to get rid of spiders at homeHome Remedies to Kill Brown Recluse Spidershow to get rid of spiders in houseget rid of spiders in homeget rid of spiders in househow to kill spiders in the househow to get rid of spiders in my housegetting rid of spiders in the househow to get rid of spiders in your househow to get rid of spiders in homehome remedies for getting rid of spidersnatural remedies for spidershow to get rid of spiders inside the housespider remedyhow do i get rid of spiders in my househome remedy to get rid of spidersnatural remedy for spidershome remedies for killing spiders