REGISTER
MY ACCOUNT LOGIN
Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Facebook Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales on Twitter Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales RSS Feed Coupons, Coupon Codes, Deals & Sales Newsletter
Millions of Dollars Saved Through Deal of Day!
|
219,984 Discussions
|
432,713 Members
|
38,892 Live Deals
|
1,863 People Shopping
|
5,862 Live Stores
  • Computers & Hardware Coupons, Computers & Hardware Coupon Codes, Computers & Hardware Deals & Sales Email Alerts
    Simply the best deals and coupons, delivered directly to your inbox.
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Thanks
      Get a cat. :-) Ours always ate spiders.
      Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook (0)

Thanks
      Thanks all for the suggestions!

Hubby wants to try the lavender oil I think and if that doesn't help I don't know what he will choose next.

We do have to be careful since the public is in and out of the store. We don't want to do something that will make someone sick. Know? Plus my son is here with me sometimes and he does go back to the storage room with me and I would hate for him to get into something. Especially since he has asthma.

Thanks
      Here's a VERY natural remedy. Set up a card table in the storage area, put a red and white checkered tablecloth on it, salt and pepper shakers, a bottle of A-1 sauce and a bottle of Tabasco. Put 4 chairs around the table, and plaster "FEAR FACTOR" signs all over. Once the spiders figure out what's about to happen, they'll be headed for the hills!

Thanks

Baffled Solutions

I have Pest Offense and I recommend it. Been using it for almost two years now! I have heard that if you put mint extract on a cotton ball and place around the areas, bugs will stay away. But to kill them, I recommend the bug bombs or a professional.

Thanks
      Sorry, but my answer is a regular visits by an exterminator.

After we moved in our new house, we kept getting daddy long legs. I know, they're no big deal, but I just hate spiders and if they're inside, what else is inside that I don't know about. Next came some cockroaches followed by silverfish - both only a couple incidences, but nonetheless in the house. The last straw for me was another type of spider.....no clue what type, therefore not knowing if a bite could be detrimental to my girls or to my unborn baby if I were bit. Of course we'd kill them, but when there were 6 in the house in one day, I had it and told dh that's it! So the next day I called for quotes and within less than a week had service started.

It was only $64 to get started (set up fees, interior and exterior) and $34 for each monthly visit. Money well worth spent to me! Each month they mainly plan on exterior only, but will do the interior as well for no extra charge if I request. One of these times I want my attic done, too (even though dh thinks it's ludicrous) and they'll do it at no extra charge as well. June was our first month and we've only had the interior done once with no need for a repeat. I'll probably go through winter without having the interior done again and wait until spring when it starts warming up and the spiders come out of hibernation.

If you're allergic to spiders, I would consider it. Black widows are nasty and brown recluses are even worse! Dh was bit by one on his leg and it was very painful to him. I told him, our friends and his brother and sisters told him to go to the doctor, but he wouldn't until his mother actually called and scheduled an appointment for him. The doctor had to lance it and then stuff it with medicated gauze as the spider's venom was disintegrating the tissue in his leg. His scar is about the size of a silver dollar. It was really sick! There was another woman in our county that was bitten by one and the cartilege in her nose started to disintegrate as well as having to have both her legs amputated at the knees. They found her to have certain allergies (including that to bees) that they believed had to do with how her body reacted to the recluse bite.

Good luck with whatever method....just make sure you get those spiders out ~ especially with allergies involved!

Click here to shop for deals at ice.com now!

Thanks

Re: Home Remedies to get rid of Spiders?

These are some great ways to get rid of spiders; I really like the idea of Lavender oil. Anyone have a home remedy to keep the cockroaches away?

Thanks

moth balls can help too..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post
      Here's a VERY natural remedy. Set up a card table in the storage area, put a red and white checkered tablecloth on it, salt and pepper shakers, a bottle of A-1 sauce and a bottle of Tabasco. Put 4 chairs around the table, and plaster "FEAR FACTOR" signs all over. Once the spiders figure out what's about to happen, they'll be headed for the hills!
      LOL...very funny and creative but I am not sure I want to try it. I am not sure how to get rid of spiders in the house and have searched (only a little). I did see lavender oil mentioned here. What is it you do with the lavender oil though? How does it get rid of spiders? I am planning to keep looking and will come back with any information I get so stay tuned. Especially with colder temperatures here; seems more critters are looking for ways to infiltrate our homes.

Thanks

Any ideas on how to get rid of spiders in the house are helpful. I have some that I have found in my home and have used an exterminator but prefer something more natural and less costly. Thanks for those listed; great starting point.

Thanks

These are some great tips and home remedies for spiders! I saw someone mention cockroaches and I actually have some advice. Check for open areas (wall around pipes entering for sinks and such) and use foam to fill these areas. Another option is boric acid--use at your discretion and in areas not in human contact.

Deal Seekers found this page by searching for:

how to get rid of spiders in the house

home remedies for spiders

home remedy for spiders

Home Remedies to Getting Rid of Spiders

home remedies to get rid of spiders

home remedies to kill spidersspider remediesHow to get rid of spiders at homeHome Remedies to Kill Brown Recluse Spidershow to get rid of spiders in houseget rid of spiders in homeget rid of spiders in househow to kill spiders in the househow to get rid of spiders in my housegetting rid of spiders in the househow to get rid of spiders in your househow to get rid of spiders in homehome remedies for getting rid of spidersnatural remedies for spidershow to get rid of spiders inside the househow do i get rid of spiders in my housespider remedyhome remedy to get rid of spidersnatural remedy for spidershome remedies for killing spiders